Relief for your diabetic foot concerns
Don't let issues with your feet go untreated. Ignoring them could cause a major problem that could limit or stop your mobility. Diabetes can cause nerve damage and restrict your blood flow, so anyone suffering from the disease is at higher risk of developing foot disorders.
For expert diabetic foot care, diabetic shoes, orthotics, and wound care, contact Victor Cohen, DPM.
Signs of trouble
- Fungus nails
- Corns, calluses, and ulcers
- Diabetic wounds and rashes
- Infections and sores
- Burning / prickling sensations
Get the care you need for your feet
- Routine foot evaluation
- Fungus nail care and ingrown nail care
- Oral supplements and injections for neuropathy
- Ulcer care
- Circulation evaluation
- Nerve evaluation
- Neuropathy evaluation and testing
- Diabetic shoes
What Can I Do?
There are some simple precautions you can take to keep your feet healthy as a diabetic.
- Check your feet daily.
- Keep your diabetes under control.
- Wash your feet daily.
- Keep your feet moisturized (but no lotion between the toes, as moisture here can create conditions friendly to fungal infection).
- Encourage circulation in your feet by wiggling your toes and changing positions regularly.
- Meet regularly with your trusted podiatrist.
If you suffer from diabetes, it is crucial that you ensure foot health by working with your podiatrist to reduce the likelihood of infection and quickly treat any infection that arises. Contact us today to learn how we can help you protect your feet for a lifetime.